- News on the ESF-Eurocores Call in Synthetic Biology, EuroSYNBIO: The ESF-Eurocores Call for project proposals was a success. The ESF received 24 project descriptions in the first round and invited 16 groups to submit a full proposal. These proposals are currently under revision. Decisions can be expected later this year. http://www.esf.org/activities/eurocores/programmes/eurosynbio/call-for-proposals.html
- The Emergence team organized a meeting at 29th of april 2009 in Zurich. Please download the minutes pdf and the presentations pdf
- The Emergence team organized an Advisory Board Meeting at the SB4.0 (11.10.08). Please download the presentations pdf and the minutes pdf
- Plant Bioinformatics, Systems and Synthetic Biology Summer School, July 27-31, 2009 at the University of Nottingham, UK.
- Meeting “Ethics in Synthetic Biology”, October 1 & 2, University of Freiburg, Germany
- iGEM Competition Jamboree, October 30 - November 2, 2009, MIT, USA.
- Synthetic Biology Workshop “Standardization in transcription and translation”, October 21-22, 2009, Illetes, Mallorca.
- Fourth International Conference on Synthetic Biology SB4.0, October 10 - 12, 2008, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- European Conference on Synthetic Biology (ECSB): Design, Programming and Optimisation of Biological Systems (Summary of conference details)
November 24-29, 2007 - Hotel Eden Roc, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain
- Third International Conference on Synthetic Biology SB3.0, June 24 - 26, 2007, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (Summary of conference details)
Other European projects in the field of Synthetic Biology
BIOMODULAR H2: Engineered Modular Bacterial Photoproduction of Hydrogen
BioNano-Switch: A Biological Nanoactuator as a Molecular Switch for Biosensing
CELLCOMPUT: Biological Computation Built on Cell Communication Systems
COBIOS: Engineering and Control of Biological Systems: a New Way to Tackle Complex
EUROBIOSYN: A modular platform for biosynthesis of complex molecules
FuSyMEM: Functional Synthetic Membranes for GPCR-based Sensing
HYBLIB: Human monoclonal antibodies from a library of hybridomas
NANOMOT: Synthetic Biomimetic Nanoengines: a Modular Platform for Engineering of Nanomechanical Actuator Building Blocks
NEONUCLEI: Self-assembly of snthetic nuclei: key modules for semibiotic chemosynthetic systems
NETSENSOR: Design and Engineering of gene networks to respond to and correct alterations in signal transduction pathways
ORTHOSOME: An Orthogonal Episome: an Artificial Genetic System Based on a Novel Type of Nucleic Acids
PROBACTYS: Programmable Bacterial Catalysts
SynBioComm: Towards a European Synthetic Biology Community
SYNBIOSAFE: Safety and Ethical Aspects of Synthetic Biology
SYNBIOLOGY: An Analysis of Synthetic Biology Research in Europe and North America
SYNTHCELLS: Approaches to the Bioengineering of Synthetic Minimal Cells
TESSY: Towards a European Strategy for Synthetic Biology
More info about the NEST Pathfinder projects.
- International Genetically Engineered Machine competition (iGEM)
iGEM is an international arena where student teams compete to design and assemble engineered machines using advanced genetic components and technologies.
- Registry of Standard Biological Parts
Database and DNA repository of simple and complex biological parts that may be combined to implement simple biological systems. These parts are used by students in the iGEM summer competition
- The Biobricks Foundation BBF
- A website for Synthetic Biology: http://www.synbio.org.uk/ This site contains details of recent papers on Synthetic Biology, with particular emphasis on: (i) development of standards in biology and DNA biobricks, (ii) microbial and (iii) plant systems, (iv) hardware for scientific computing and instrumentation, (v) tools for scientific productivity and (vi) collected miscellany.